Nepal is one of the most power-cut prone countries in the world. In fact, power outages are so common that many Nepalese households and businesses rely on inverters to provide backup power.
If you're thinking about buying an inverter, it's important to do your research and choose the right one for your needs. There are many different types of inverters available on the market, and not all of them are created equal.
In this blog post, we'll take a look at the inverter price in Nepal, the different types of inverters and batteries available from such brands as Sukam, Suvastika, Delta, Livfast, and Asian etc, and how to choose the right inverter for your needs. We'll also provide some helpful tips on how to install and maintain your inverter.
What is an inverter?
An inverter is a device that converts direct current (DC) electricity into alternating current (AC) electricity. AC electricity is the type of electricity that powers most homes and businesses.
Why do you need an inverter in Nepal?
Nepal is one of the most power-cut prone countries in the world. Power outages can last for hours or even days, and they can be very disruptive to daily life.
An inverter can provide backup power during a power outage. This can allow you to continue to use your lights, appliances, and other electronic devices.
Types of inverters
There are two main types of inverters: sine wave inverters and modified sine wave inverters.
Sine wave inverters produce the purest form of AC electricity. This makes them ideal for powering sensitive electronic devices, such as computers and medical equipment.
Modified sine wave inverters produce a less pure form of AC electricity. However, they are still capable of powering most household appliances and electronic devices.
How to choose the right inverter?
When choosing an inverter, there are a few factors to consider:
- Power rating: The power rating of an inverter determines how much power it can provide. Choose an inverter with a power rating that is high enough to power the devices that you need to use during a power outage.
- Type of inverter: As mentioned above, there are two main types of inverters: sine wave inverters and modified sine wave inverters. Choose the type of inverter that is right for your needs.
- Features: Some inverters come with additional features, such as solar charging capability and battery monitoring. Consider which features are important to you when choosing an inverter.
Inverter price in Nepal
The price of an inverter in Nepal depends on a number of factors, including the power rating, type of inverter, and brand. However, as a general rule of thumb, you can expect to pay between NPR 10,000 and NPR 50,000 for a good quality inverter.
Here is a simple way to calculate how much power inverter needed for your devices or home:
- Make a list of all the devices that you want to power with the inverter.
- For each device, find the power rating in watts. This information is usually found on the device itself or in the owner's manual.
- Add up the power ratings of all the devices on your list.
- Add a 20% margin of safety to the total power rating. This will ensure that your inverter has enough power to handle all of your devices, even if they are all running at the same time.
For example, if you want to power a laptop (65 watts), a monitor (30 watts), and a router (10 watts), you would need an inverter with a power rating of at least 105 watts.
Here is a table of common devices and their power ratings:
|Device||Power rating in watts|
If you are unsure of the power rating of a device, you can usually find it on the device itself or in the owner's manual. You can also search online for the power rating of a specific device.
Once you have calculated the total power rating of all the devices that you want to power with the inverter, you can choose an inverter with a power rating that is equal to or greater than the total power rating.
How to install and maintain your inverter
It is important to have your inverter installed by a qualified electrician. This will ensure that the inverter is installed correctly and that it is safe to use.
Once your inverter is installed, it is important to maintain it properly. This includes checking the battery levels regularly and cleaning the inverter regularly.
Inverters can be a valuable asset for Nepalese households and businesses. By choosing the right inverter and installing it correctly, you can ensure that you have backup power in the event of a power outage.
If you're ready to buy an inverter, visit Quality Computer today or order from the QC Website. We offer a wide selection of inverters from top brands at competitive prices. Our knowledgeable staff can help you choose the right inverter for your needs.